Friday, April 25, 2008

A Verse and Preparations.

     Hello good friends and family! Christopher Kirchman pointed me to a verse that he described as perfect for our trip. It fits the impact and truth of our mission nearly head on. I think he found the one verse that we will see lived out while in Tanzania. Here it is:

Live under the protection of God Most High
and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful.
Then you will say to the Lord,
"You are my fortress, my place of safety,
you are my God, and I trust You."
The Lord will keep you safe
from secret traps and deadly diseases.
He will spread his wings over you
and keep you secure.
His faithfulness is like a shield or city wall.
You will not be worried about dangers at night
or arrows during the day.
And you won't fear diseases that strike in the dark
or sudden disaster at noon.
You will not be harmed, though thousands fall around you.
And with your own eyes you will see
the punishment of the wicked
by the Lord Most High, He is your fortress.
Run to Him for safety,
and no terrible disasters will strike you
or your home.
God will command his angels 
to protect you wherever you go.
They will carry you in their arms,
and you won't hurt your feet on the stones.
You will overpower the strongest lions
and the most deadly snakes.
The Lord will say,
"If you love me and truly know who I am,
I will rescue you and keep you safe.
When you are in trouble, call out to me.
I will answer and be there
to protect and honor you.
You will live a long life
and see my saving power."

- Psalm 91


     Lee and Paul are now at the Shamba site with a refreshed stock of building supplies. They are happily busying themselves with installing ceilings in the teacher quarters and classrooms. Lee unfortunately had his wallet snatched while riding the daladala (a small bus usually packed to the brink with people). Luckily he was smart to keep his important documents and belongings in a safer location. Lee and Paul have been teaching Form 1 and Form 2 and doing an awesome job. They will likely be at the Shamba for the next two weeks and therefore will not have a chance to update the blog. I will be in contact with them and keep everyone promptly updated here.
     Chris Kirchman and I are gearing up to leave for Tanzania on May 6th- just 11 short days. We would like to thank everyone for your awesome support. We will be having one more garage sale on Saturday, May 3rd to raise some more support for Hananasif. If you have anything lying about your house that you would like to donate to our garage sale, please call me (Scott) at 352.278.9276. We are so excited to be joining Lee and Paul so soon and we will have a complimentary hug delivery service for anyone who is interested. On a more serious note, if you would like Chris and I to deliver letters to Lee and/or Paul, we would love to make that happen. Just get in touch with us. Thank you again.

Best Regards,
Scott Robertson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I am working on memorizing Psalm 91 (NIV) as I pray it for my sons (one in Africa, and the other in "the Sandbox of" Asia, Iraq.)
That is a neat version of this powerful Psalm.

Thanks for the great posts, that help us all feel a little closer, and thank God for His protection of Paul and Lee, and His equipping of them as they serve each day.
I know that there will be much joy in Tanzania when these two "amazing duos" are reunited for a couple of weeks.
May the Lord bless and keep you guys, Lee, Paul, Chris and Scott, and all of those who are supporting you with their love and prayers.
"Mama Paul."