Saturday, April 12, 2008

Child of God

This week has been amazing. We have done some construction (we are now waiting on more supplies that are coming this weekend), a lot of teaching (mainly math and English), and a whole lot of learning. It is so much fun constantly being in a learning environment. Whether it is learning new swahili words, how to cook the food, or just what needs to be done on a farm everyday, it has been very exciting.
However, one of the biggest things I have learned cam from this song I was learning. It starts out with:

"We praise our God and our Father for blessings us and for giving us the name: Children of God."

I have heard that all my life. We are God’s children. God is our Father. However, it never really clicked for me until earlier this week. One of my new friends was teaching me a song that they sing all the time and we were translating it to English. We kept on saying thank you God for giving us the good name: Children of God. And it really made me think about it. What does that mean? I am a child of God. What dies that entail? That means that God is my Father. That means that God is looking out for me. That means that God is constantly thinking about me and how He can show his strength in my weakness. It means that He has everything I need and He sees me as a whole, complete person. I am complete in Him. When I have the mind set that God has every part of my life, I look at life completely different. These children here seem to have caught that vision. They are constantly looking to God for strength, health, and encouragement. Every morning and every evening they sing their hearts out to Him. Thanking him for giving them the name: Children of God. It is awesome what God uses to reveal His glory to us.
After it clicked in my head and I felt a physical change in how I would handle myself. I was very excited about everything that God had in store for me. It seemed like God opened my eyes to all the encouraging things that happen around me. I know that God has 100% of me. I am a Child of God. Woohooo! Super exciting.

3 comments:

Scott Robertson said...

Sublime.

Sven said...

Lee,
these are really powerful thoughts!
"Thanking him for giving them the name: Children of God."
chills up my spine.
and that you say "I felt a physical change in how I would handle myself."
this is an amazing testimony of how God is revealing your REAL identity to you, your true name that He calls you.
So encouraging...thanks for the words.
love-
your bro
Sven

Sara Austin said...

this reminds me of a blog i read recently:

if you're changed, but people don't see it,
maybe you're not as changed as you think.
He changes us from the inside out.
..that implies that the change doesn't just happen on the inside.
people should see the change in you.
they should be able to see Him more clearly when they look at you.
that is the ultimate goal.
that every word that is spoken,
every action that is taken,
shows people Christ more clearly.
Lord, let the changes that you're doing inside of me, show in every word, and every action. finish the work You've started in me. let people see Your reflection every time they look at me. let it all be for Your glory.

pretty sweet stuff.
love you guys.